RSS

Election Resultz..click on diagram

Election Resultz..click on diagram
ruralmama

NURTURING AN EMPIRE

K P Saju (RM,Birla Sunlife)

Antony: Dear Saju Boss, when and where did u start your career?

Saju: I started my career soon after or can say soon before Graduation in 1995.I Joined before my practical exam with a Singer Sewing Machine distributor at Palakkad as direct selling executive.

Antony: Have you ever thought of taking a career in Insurance? If So why?
Saju: When i started my career, my dream was only to become Medical representative. I never thought or Life insurance was never a so exposed as much as now. I joined to a pharma company at calicut after Singer sewing machine. Later I joined with Heinz India at Cochin. With Heinz I put up around 6 years. I was in Front line sales all these 6 years and wanted to move for Growth in career. At that time the Life Insurance companies were emerging. ICICI was a glamorized Brand and wanted to join in that Group. I did not knew what is insurance when i took up the career with Ipru How ever strong vision was set in to grow and specialize in Man management by that time. Later I understood that Industry is highly potential.
Antony: Can u tell us about the Origin of Team Nurture?

Saju: Wow!!! That's a Good Question. Team Nurture actually formed in 2006 beginning, when I took charge as ARM for Thrissur Cluster. All of us of Team Thrissur cluster wanted a different Theme and Team Name. After Brain storming we came to Conclusion that we need to drive the career and development of all Individuals of Team at all level from advisor to Sales managers to ARM. And also we decided to take the responsibility to Nurture the Team members to grow in their dreams and career. That's how we named our selves Team Nurture. Team Nurture emerged as NO.1 in Pan India 2006-2007. Later when I was assigned to develop the Rural Vertical I never have difficulty in finding the apt name for the Team. I strongly believe Nurturing the Talents of the Team members should be the responsibility of any Team Leader. Now Team Nurture members have grown and spread every where in Industry holding Leadership positions. I am successful in my Dreams.
Antony: How was your life with Team Nurture?

Saju: Life in Team Nurture>>can’t explain in single word. It’s a mixture of Tough time/Pleasure time/Learning Time/Developing time....I will say Great learning ... To specify about Rural Team Nurture>>Wow what a great Team...I could spend more time to ensure the 100% Success... (I am also sad that lot many members also become failures as they did not stick to the principles of Team Nurture)
Antony: As a very successful Insurance Person, what is your ideas about the qualities that an Insurance person should have to become successful?

Saju: Thanks for calling me successful insurance person; however I will not say I am 100% successful. Long way to go... Insurance is a simple business>>the day we try to make it complicate it becomes complicate and it will eat up that individuals career. It is applicable not only to insurance also to any industry. The raw material in Insurance factory is Human being. And Human being is most complicate animal in this world. He can act like all other animals while other animals can not. To be come successful, a professional should be very clear about his Relationship Score and Task score. It should be well balanced. More relationship with Compromising/Collaborating/Accommodating management can spoil while more of Directive/Avoiding/Competing management also can spoil. All styles required in equal proportion based on the situation and individuals. Become managers rather than executives in Insurance. Hope i have expressed well.
Antony: As you have got promoted from the frontline, how do you differentiate front line from top level management?

Saju: Responsibilities increases when you move from Frontline to Top. But the question each of us needs to ask is that Responsibility towards what I always should be to our Life which is the ultimate gift of God. I also like to point the difference between Implementers and Strategists. Mostly the Frontline managers need to be implements upto 90% of their profile while Top level managers need to be strategic initiatives to control measure and predict the business and business improvement upto 70%. Usually Implementers like to be strategists and Strategists like to be Implementers when they serve those roles. My advice is that don't compromise and complicate on the roles. Have role clarity well!!! Be very simple in life when you grow...
Antony: Boss, tell us something about your personal life with family, hobbies, freetime activities and good & food habits?

Saju: I born as second and only son to my parents at Palakkad and grown at Malappuram most of my school life and collage life. My father retired from police service and Mother retired school teacher, Sister with family at Dubai. Iam married to Tanuja is a home maker and Bachelor of education. I am blessed with two kids Kashyap and Ganga.
Hobbies: I read lots of Malayalam Novels/Watch lots of Movies. Free time activities: Nothing specific...I enjoy my life...King size.. Food Habits: Wanted to make it always good...However i feel the ordinary kerala palakkadan styled vegetarian food i like most...I love my food at Home. I hate hotel food.

Antony: Who is your role model and inspiration in life? Why?

Saju: To be very frank till now i have not find a 100% role model who has inspired my life. I always adopt the best from lot... My first manager taught me how you should not treat your team members. (I behave exactly opposite of his style after working with him). I watch every one and adopt and implement what i feel is good to my style and will help me to grow. Lot many spiritual leaders always inspired me with their courage of scarification of luxuries in life and the way they live simple...I might get fed of this life may be in future..
Antony: What is your biggest aim in Life?

Saju: To get fed up of everything in life after enjoying to maximum and attain Moksha...I don't want to carry any wish to my next life..I read and understood from Veda that Human life and Male Human life is most great in all janmas...it come only after 500-1000 years of Life cycle... Before go to graveyard..i need to contribute something different to the world... Yet to decide...
Antony: Your Message to Rural Mama Members?

Saju: Lets this be a forum to discuss and give value addition to every one...Be in life very simple...I always look at a MANGO tree with full of Mangoes in it...It always lean towards ground when it is full of Mangoes...Lets Mangoes be Knowledge which make you to be simple in life.... Have a great life !!!

Thankyou very much Saju Boss, for your Valuable time with Rural Mama. May God bless you tremendously in life and Career Ahead.
For Rural Mama
Antony Rebeiro.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

2010 ruralmama. Powered by Blogger.