RSS

Election Resultz..click on diagram

Election Resultz..click on diagram
ruralmama

The realm of Friendship


(Trying to get hold of Antony Rebeiro is like trying to get hold of the Pope but I was as determined to interview him as he is determined to keep himself at the top of the industry Very many readers had written to me that they wanted a closer look at Antony Rebeiro (hereinafter Tony) hence I pursued the matter And used all my contacts to get hold of him.)…………………….not joking. That will be a true statement, when we are @2015.

Antony Rebeiro was probably one of the most talented super stars in the history of Rural Business Channel of ICICI-Prudential. He is known as TONY to Friends.

There is no necessity to introduce him because; he is much closer to you friends.

He is the eighth kid of his parents but first friend to everyone.

Mannjit: Tony,Lets begin with the sweet memories about the origin of ruralmama concept?

Tony: I really love to think about how it came to our minds first. It was there in my mind way behind in July 2008 when I was on a business tour in Bahrain. My Boss Ajith Sir, forwarded me a mail with a questionnaire from the Rural Magazine SAMPARK. I was qualified for MID YEAR CHALLENGE that time and at a certain point of time I was leading with Rank 1, and this Magazine forwarded some interview questions regarding my achievements. I felt like being on the Top of the World. First time in my life I am getting such a big appreciation and being interviewed. This really inspired me of starting a similar Magazine in our own Branch in Kollam. Later on when I shared this matter with many of my colleagues, they all supported and you my mighty Manjith, you really made it happen and now it is so called RURAL MAMA.

Mannjit: Critically analyze the quality of the site both from the angle of content and design?

Tony :Technically I cannot be a critic. But I feel more participation from others can definitely make this a quality blog. Design is Superb. All our readers have high regards about the design. Contents need to improve its standards.

Mannjit: Describe your stepping stones of career, education and circumstance that lead you to the insurance industry.

Tony: I am Mathematics Graduate, with a PGDM from IGNOU. Started my career as an Admin Asst in a textile shop, then into telecom for the next 10 years..BPL Connect, BPL Mobiles, DeltaGram, Escotel and later on In Idea…from Call centre Executive to Franchisee manager level. Joining ICICI was indeed a turning point in my life.

Mannjit: Tony, are you materialistic?

Tony: That ……you can analyze it from my assets yaaaar.

But Infact I am very materialistic in human relationships. I have a great circle of loving friends from all sorts of life. That’s my greatest asset.

Mannjit: how will you justify your decision to quit ipru then to Bharati-axa and then to birla sunlife .IS IT THE HEIGHT OF IMMATURITY or ROLE PLAY OF FRAILTY..?

Tony: How will you describe if Shikha Mam moves to State Bank of India from Axis Bank after tremendous experience in ICICI?

Recently one of my customers told me….Tony it is very nice to see that you are progressing in your life year by year.

Each person will definitely have a purpose in mind. You have two options. Either being satisfied with what you have or looking for good opportunities in life to excel. I chose the latter one. We should not marry any Organisation, as we are not born for that. Excelling is the most important purpose in a professional’s life.

Mannjit: Its not wise to compare Ipru,AXa and birla….But share your experience with these companies.?

Tony: Each Company has their own identity. IPRU is well known for Aggressiveness, AXA for innovation and BIRLA for Customer friendliness.

Mannjit:You recently went through difficult times professionally? How do you cope with ups and downs of life?????

Tony: Yeah, I had many ups and downs in the recent past. Friends like you were a great support in my difficulty. My Family also supported me well. Now I feel proud when looking back as without any difficulty life has no meaning? Overcoming difficulty in life is strength.

Mannjit : What is it that bothers you the most?

Tony: My Age.

Mannjit: You have some very close friends in your life and people say you are fiercely protective of them?

Tony: I think this is a question you have to ask yourself. Only you can comment about me in this context.

Mannjit: Who has been your role model?

Tony: Don’t try to make me say MANJITH…… To be Frank …..Jesus Christ is the only role model in my life.

Mannjit: How will you rate the insurance sector.? Possibilities, probabilities, precautions….

Tony : As far as Indians are Good Investors you don’t have to worry about any probability and possibility. Companies have to create awareness about financial security and planning among the middle class people. People are still unaware about the sweetness of Insurance. 99% of the people are under insured and 90% of the Gross Disposable Income is invested in FD’s and Real Estates which will not give any Life Security. Create Awareness….you will get business.

Mannjit: Telecom sector v/s insurance sector as career choice

Tony: Both are good. Insurance pays you more if you are willing to take more pressure.

Mannjit: All insurance companies displayed pathetic inflow rate in February first two weeks. Any phenomenal reasons to these business slow down in the insurance sector…? Why advisors become that much non productive..? Even in the so called RECESSION period we performed better.

Tony: January was so sluggish and the ripple effect is there in February too. But now it is gaining up momentum. No phenomenal reason. Product Changes happened massively. Reaction to the changes was a bit slow and it is quiet natural. Many more good products are yet to come and you can see the industry optimizing its growth in the next financial year.

Mannjit: “VILAPANGALKU SHESHAM, AMMATHOTTIL and Kaanapaalam’……Yes ,you are an actor too. How much serious are you in acting? If you are selected as a hero, will you sack the job and takes cinema as profession?

Tony: Acting is my Favorite Hobby. I have acted in lot many Dramas and Telefilms. I have got the Best Actor Award in the State Bible Kaloltsavam in 1994 held at Ernakulam.

But now a day, I am not getting enough time for such activities. So, for the time being, I don’t intend to take Cinema as a profession but will definitely do whenever I get any chance and the permission from higher-ups.

Mannjit: A sudden twist… How many girl friends do you have..?

Tony: Innumerous…… All girls are my friends. Count if you can.

Mannjit: I know you’re the most honest person to the family ,a good husband and an OUTSTANDING father.(owner’s pride. .neighbour’s envy )

Now the time to Share about your family things to us.

Tony: Me happily married to Flavia, a house wife. My Son’s Name is Joshua, he is 3 years old. I am expecting my second child in April. We are now settled in Pathanamthitta. Parents Retired Private Servants, I have Five brothers and two sisters.

Mannjit:Thank you very much Tony for your valuble time .Wishing you all success in every field that you are involved.

Tony: You're welcome

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

2010 ruralmama. Powered by Blogger.